Monday, February 7, 2011

Meal Planning Monday, Week 1

Here goes! My first Meal Planning Monday, I hope you all enjoy. Leave me feedback and tell me what would be helpful. I'm not including a grocery list because I don't know what you have in your pantry or refridgerater or what path you are going to take, feel free to "Sandra Lee" it (a saying in my house referring to her show on the Food Network)

Monday

Spaghetti with Meatballs
Tuesday

Pulled Pork, green beans (fresh or frozen), corn bread (mix or homemade, I follow the recipe on the package of cornmeal)
Pulled pork:
Place pork shoulder in slow cooker, cover with water, add salt and pepper, 1 onion cut into wedges and 2-3 cloves of garlic, place on low cook all day (6 + hours).
When ready to serve pull out pork and shred (throw away the rest, they've served their purpose). Serve with favorite BBQ sauce or as is.
This freezes well for a later dinner
Wednesday

Salmon, Rice (Make extra for later in the week, check your recipe to see how much), Steamed Broccoli
Salmon: I usually just add salt, pepper, and EVOO and saute. Can also add honey or Agave Nectar for a sweet surprise
Thursday

Chicken Breast marinaded in Italian dressing (make 1-2 extra cut into chunks), Corn, Side salad
Friday

Homemade Pizza
You'll need dough (store bought or homemade), cheese (Mozzarella or any Italian combos work great), pasta sauce (you used some on Monday), Toppers
Saturday

Rice Balls (recipe in Deceptively Delicious cookbook or here)
Sunday

Leftovers/fend for yourself
Growing up we always went out to eat after church. Because of this my mother didn't want to also make dinner for us because we would all be hungry at different times, so we would have a "fend for yourself night". I actually looked forward to these because I realized I could have Ice Cream and not get into trouble for it. Even your 5 year old can do this because Peanut Butter sandwiches aren't off limits here :) Enjoy and feel free to substitute at your wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment