Friday, February 11, 2011

Seperation Anxiety

We have been dealing with a lot of separation anxiety since Bubba was about 7-8 months old. It seems that every time I leave him he screams (he is quite a mommy's boy). He would cry on and off the entire time I would be gone (or so I am told by the nursery workers at church and the MOPPETs volunteers). This anxiety has caused us many problems, to the extent of changing churches (another story entirely).

I read that this is just something that needs to pass. To deal with it with a lot of patience (and prayer) and love.

But once he was almost 12 months old, it seems we have turned a corner. He still screams bloody murder when I leave (and clings to my shirt for all he's worth), but he then adapts. He is fine. At church this past week I didn't think we'd be able to leave him for 2 hours (Sunday School and the service). So after Sunday School, Hubs and I crept to the window of the nursery and peeked inside. What did we see?

Bubba playing with the other little boys, no tears, and no notice that we weren't there! What a relief that this phase might soon be over!

No comments:

Post a Comment