Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cloth


I know I mentioned at least once before that I have a crazy passion. It's a passion for cloth and all things cloth related. Cloth Diapers that is. Yes! In a world of throw away, instant gratification, and taking the easy way, I have a love of the old. Why?

I always knew I wanted to use cloth diapers. When I got pregnant I mentioned it to Hubs who refused. Outright. me, being the strong willed, pigheaded woman he married, started to research. Then I found YouTube and some of the videos of how easy the diapers are now to use. That's how I hooked him. Now, he loves it just as much as I do. Not only that but we only own 7 of the ones I sold him on, and he actually prefers the old fashioned, economical choice we use most days: Prefolds.

I wish it were more mainstream as many people from the cloth diapering community catch a lot of flack for their choice to use cloth diapers (whether it be financially, environmentally, or crunch-ily motivated). My motivation came down to the all mighty dollar. I couldn't fathom spending money on garbage. Plus I didn't want to worry about running out of diapers, and being that parent who is running to Walmart at 1 am because she's out of diapers.

Do I know anyone else in real life who uses them? No. Do I catch a lot of flack from the family? Yes. Am I good with my decision? Absolutely.

What it all boils down to is parenting how you are comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment