Monday, January 24, 2011

Deceptively Delicious

As a hostess gift my mother brought me a cookbook (she spent Martin Luther King, Jr. Weekend with us). She knows my love of cookbooks! Actually she bought it as a Christmas gift, but has this uncanny habit of hiding gifts so well that when it comes time to give them she can't find them. Yes, I did inherit this trait, drive Hubs nuts!

Well, I've had the chance to try the French Toast, and I'll say, it's good. I used some baby food I'd made Bubba (it's a puree right?) and I couldn't even tell there were sweet potatoes in it! Bubba liked it too...though it's rare for him to try a new food and not like it.

We were so inspired by this that for dinner Hubs made our Oven "Fried" Eggplant using some pesto I had stored in the fridge! It was awesome (and Bubba liked this as well).

Oven "Fried" Eggplant:
Cut 1 Eggplant into 1 cm wide disks
Put Pesto on plate or in bowl
Put seasoned Breadcrumbs in other dishToss Eggplant disks in pesto then in breadcrumbs.
Place on foil lined and sprayed baking sheet then spray the tops with more cooking spray (a tip I learned from Sandra Lee).

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes or until soft to touch. Serve with Marinara sauce.

Oh...and there is nothing better than a man who cooks for his wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment