Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Sleep Diaries, Week 1

Nighttime success! Nap time Failure.

It seems that the nighttime rules are working! Bubba is going longer and longer at night without waking up, and when he does most of the time he is putting himself back down to sleep. I actually was able to sleep until 5:30 one morning before needing to get up :) Yes, there have been a few hiccups. We did travel home during the weekend, which posed problems with both naps and nighttime. I figure I am not going to punish myself and our families by insisting we remain home just because Bubba is one stubborn sleeper.

I wish I could report naps were getting better, but they are not. I've been trying to lay Bubba down for 2 naps a day, and we've had a battle of wills for both the naps. I think the most Bubba has gotten when laid down for a nap is 45 minutes this past week. Thank goodness for car rides as this is the only way he's gotten more than 10 minute stretches of naps. I will say that I did break down and let him have a Grandma held nap. It has been a week of screaming overall. I'm beginning to question the lengthening checks. It is heart-wrenching to hear your child scream for 30-40 minutes.

I'm thinking it's time to get a book and try a new method...chanting my mantra...consistency is key...

No comments:

Post a Comment