Monday, January 31, 2011

Teething

I thought that by the end of my first year with Bubba that the teething would be mostly over. Boy was I wrong! We have spent many months with the ear rubbing and the wakeful nights and only have 3 teeth! He started teething around 4 months. Now 8 months later, what do we have to show for it...definitely not a mouth full of teeth.

It's funny how different children get their teeth at different times. Not only this, but how they react differently to getting the chompers! Bubba's cousin had 6 teeth by the time he was only 7 or 8 months old, and Bubba was still fighting out number 1! Not only this, but every time I talked to my in-laws I was told about how many teeth were through and asked about Bubba's (very much like a competition). They will come out when they are ready is what my mantra was/is, and I am still repeating it to this day. Not only this, but my SIL was surprised by the appearance of teeth, making me think that cousin handled it with much more sleep than Bubba, who reverts to waking every 2 hours at night, making for a very sleepy momma!

I just need to keep reminding myself that Bubba won't go to college with only 3 teeth...unless of course he decides to be a hockey player.

I am thankful for this late teething though. As it is, I am less hesitant to give medicine to my son now, than I was as a fresh, green momma. Plus, it allowed me to breast feed for much longer with less of the horror stories of him biting me with those chompers (though he has gotten me good a few times).

They will come when they are ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment