Sunday, January 23, 2011

Courage

Hubs and I have recently began our church hunt again. Turns out the church we were attending was not meeting our needs, in more ways than just one. Many Sundays I felt myself walking away not feeling full nor convicted. Entertained, yes, spiritually refueled, no. So, we began the hunt.

I'm almost confident that our hunt has ended, which is quite a relief. They are meeting not only my spiritual needs, but my needs to have childcare for Bubba that provides him with the safety he needs (he and the other church were not a match).

The past few Sundays a theme has emerged, and I'm not quite sure it was an intentional one. The theme of courage. Courage to take a stand. Courage to change the way we live. To fight against the messages the world sends. It only takes a few to start a revolution. I challenge you to have the courage to change something negative in your life.

Maybe you watch to many violent television programs, or play too many violent games in front of your young children. Maybe you use fowl language. Maybe you smoke. Maybe you have an addiction. God provides each one of us the tools we need to overcome these obstacles that the world puts in front of us. We just need the Courage to take the first stance against them.

Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He shall not leave you nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13

No comments:

Post a Comment