Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Sleep Diaries, Week 3

Small victories! This week has been much less stressful on the sleep front. Words can not express the excitement I am experiencing (imagine me doing a funky chicken dance now).

After accepting that Bubba may be transitioning from 2 naps to 1, life has become much less stressful. It has made me accept a slightly more lenient stance on when Bubba settles down for a nap. There are days when he desires to nap around 9:30, and on those days I run with it. Allowing him to nap at 9:30, and depending on how long that nap lasts I either try for an afternoon nap around 2:30ish or I forgo it and plan for an early bedtime. Two-three times I've actually had to wake Bubba from his afternoon nap at 5, solely so he'd sleep through the night.

On days where Bubba passed up the morning nap I tried to lay him down around 1. Most of the time he would then sleep until 4. Have there been tears? Yes. Have I doubted myself? Yes. Am I glad now for all the tears the previous weeks, well, I'm never happy I made my Bubba cry, but I am glad I stuck to my guns.

On the bedtime front, other than a minor setback, when Bubba got sick, we've had a healthy bit of success with Bubba only waking once at 4 or 5 AM. My only complaint is that with the 2-1 transition I am needing much more coffee as Bubba has some mighty early mornings. I'm hoping that these go away soon, I miss sleeping until 7!

No comments:

Post a Comment