Monday, January 17, 2011

Party Sucess

Bubba's Birthday party was wonderful! It went off without a hitch! Even though it was only grandparents and great-grandparents. It was so nice for them to travel to us for the day, and we enjoyed them tremendously!

We played 2 games. Guess the gift (with a hint) and Guess how Many. In a box wrapped with brown paper and staples (Hubs wrapped it) we put a few books and asked the guests to guess what was inside, telling them only that it was Bubba's favorite thing. Well, only 2 people guessed, my sister's boyfriend and my Step Mother (it's good to know someone listens to me, as I've been saying for a long time how much Bubba loves books). For the second game I put some Gerber Puffs in a sippy cup and asked that they guess how many were in it. The answer: 175, and I could have kept going! Father-in-law guessed closest to that one with his guess of 116. We also asked that each guest write a little note to Bubba, but more on that in a later post.

Instead of cake we did Cupcake balls (from here), which were a huge hit! Everyone loved them. We did 2 flavors, red velvet with cream cheese frosting and cinnamon swirl with a butter cream frosting. Bubba got a cupcake and enjoyed every last crumb, seriously!

Bubba made out like a bandit with lots of Little People and a few stuffed animals. And of course a few articles of clothing. All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better day to celebrate my little boy turning 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment