Wednesday, December 1, 2010

About Me

I've been wanting to start a new blog for a while. I admire women who are able to focus their blogs to crafts or cooking. I want to be one of these women, only there's a small hitch. My interests are too diverse! I love to knit. I love to sew. I love to cook and bake. I love to craft. I love my son. I am passionate about everything cloth diaper and saving the planet. I am a Christian. I am a mom.

As I have trouble focusing on just one of my passions for any given time I figured focusing on motherhood is something that embodies everything I am truely passionate about. From my love of creating to my love of cloth diapering and everything inbetween. I am not perfect. I am not an authority on any of it, but write from my experiences and my research. Hopefully there are some other mommies out there who will join me on my nutty journey.

So where does Peanut Brittle Come into play? Well...To raise a child you have to be a little nutty and sweet. If you've ever made the sweet and salty treat you know it takes patience to get the candy to the right temperature. You also know that children have both their sweet moments and their salty (for lack of a nicer way to put it)ones. And well...My husband (Hubs), one day when he was annoyed with me yelling at him for using too much water (he must think it comes from the sky or something), said "Momma, you are so crunchy you are peanut brittle, and I love you." There it was, a name for my blog which I knew wouldn't be taken (as Iron/Steel mom/momma/mama...and any of the other names were taken). Maybe I'll even make a few friends along the way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment