Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Christmas Chronicles

This year Hubs and I started reading Christmas Chronicles. The first book in the series is The Autobiography of Santa Claus. We found it on the reduced book table at BAM and were super excited. Mainly because we found a copy with all 3 stories. The book is written so there are 24 Chapters. One for each night of December.

We are loving the first book. We so glad we bought the volume! What I am loving is how openly Christian the book is. It takes you back to how Christmas could have started, as a holiday celebrating the birth of Christ to what it is today. Not only that, but it has history mingled in the stories. Ever wonder what really happened to Attilla the Hun? Or King Arthur? This is a tradition that I will be continuing from now on (I may not even wait until next year to read the 2nd and 3rd books).

We are half way through the story now and every night I look forward to hearing Hubs read to Bubba and I just before Bubba's bedtime. There are so many instances where I just begin to chuckle (distracting Bubba from his mission...the Boob). Filled with humor and history and a whole lot of Christmas magic this is a book that will be staying with our family's Christmas traditions.






I was not compensated in any way for this review. These are my opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment