Thursday, December 30, 2010

Cut the Cheese

Ever wondered how to get perfectly sliced cubes of cheese quickly (I know you didn't think I meant anything else from the above mentioned title)? I have a solution for you...string! Every time I go to make a cheese platter for anything I struggle with my knife getting gunked up from cutting cheese. Even when I was pregnant and would slice up cheese for one of my snacks I struggled with this, and I sure wish I had discovered this solution before. Now I'm sure many of you are saying "duh," but seriously I just discovered this, and I spend quite a few hours in the kitchen. And I'm sure not all of you knew this...if you did, just humor me. All you need is your cheese and some string.
Loop the string around your fingers, like you are flossing.

And pull through...presto, instant cut and no gunky knife. I know, slightly silly tutorial, but I can't be the only person who didn't know this. Now when you are making up a nice cheese and cracker tray for your New Year's party you won't be fighting with your knife...heck, your kids can help you with it, and you don't have to worry about them with a knife!

No comments:

Post a Comment