Sunday, December 12, 2010

Thanksgiving Leftovers


I know, it's a been awhile since you've probably thought of your turkey, but I still have some in my freezer. As Christmas looms closer, I need to clear out a little space in my freezer for the leftovers that are sure to come. So tonight, on a whim, I changed my dinner menu. I decided instead of the Turkey tetrazini I was going to make I would instead use up a few more leftovers in my pantry and refrigerator. I made a Turkey Leftover Lasagna and it was memorable!

Wonderful layers of pasta noodles with turkey and vegetables. And warm gooey cheese along with the crunch on top (because for me there is nothing better than the top cheese layer of a good lasagna or casserole). It was wonderful! Warning: It is hard to stop with just one piece!


Turkey Leftover Lasagna


1 cup cooked turkey, shredded or cubed
1 cup peas
1 bell pepper, diced
1 carrot, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
1/2 cup cauliflower, diced
Shredded Cheese (whatever you have in your refrigerator)
1 Can Cream of chicken soup
Lasagna Noodles

Mix your soup with 1 can of water (this is for the no bake noodles...if you precooked yours you may want to cut back on the water here). Spray your baking dish and put a ladle full of soup in bottom of pan. Place a layer of noodles down and cover with turkey. Put 1/2-1 c. of cheese on top of the turkey. Ladle more of the soup on top of that and then arrange another layer of noodles. Place diced veggies on top, ladle more soup over that. Cover with more noodles. Pour the rest of the soup on top and put a layer of cheese on top of that. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until heated through and veggies are cooked to desired doneness. Let sit for 10-15 minutes then serve. **NOTE**If you don't like your veggies to have a little crunch feel free to saute them before adding them to the lasagna. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment