Monday, December 13, 2010

Worn Out

With the changes in Bubba's naps, mainly me not holding him for hours on end, he finally crashed. This week, Bubba and I went out for one afternoon. I decided that the house was holding me prisoner and I needed some freedom. Once lunch time came around, we packed ourselves up and went to Wegman's (a favorite lunch or dinner spot for me). Then off to Costco for gas and stamps (unfortunately the US Postal Service won't deliver Christmas Cards without postage). After that we made a quick stop at the Clinic for Bubba's second flu shot (which he took like a champ) and a quick stop over to JoAnn's for coating chocolate. Whew. I'm tired just typing that out!

After all that, we made it home at 3. Which isn't too bad. I tried with all my might to get Bubba to take his afternoon nap, but he was wired after a quick cat nap in the car. After an hour of trying different things, I gave up.

Dinner was finished and I had placed some puffs (my saviors!) in front of him so I could get my dinner together, and maybe choke down a few bites before witching hour began. All of a sudden I looked over at him, since he was being unusually quiet, and his head was down and he was SNORING! Well, good mommy that I am couldn't resist the photo opportunity!

I guess it's true that kids will fall asleep wherever they are in whatever position!

No comments:

Post a Comment